Friday, June 18, 2010

SUYL: Our Proposal Story!

Today at Kelly's Korner its all about your engagement stories. How fun! Carson and I had been dating for a looong time and I was starting to think he would never ask me to marry him! But when he finally did he really did it up, so I'll try to make this as short as possible! November 9th 2007: Anybody that knows me knows I'm a HUGE Bon Jovi fanatic! I LOVE them and try to go to as many concerts that I can. Well one of my best friends Abi for my birthday got us tickets to go see Bon Jovi in concert in New Jersey (amazing gift I know!!) We flew out early Friday morning and spent the entire day and half of Saturday in NYC. We had a blast. Saturday afternoon we headed to the hotel to get ready for the concert and while we were in the lobby we found out the Dallas Cowboys were staying at our same hotel. We were pumped! And lets just say by their actions a few of them thought Abi was a hottie - cause she is. ha!! So we went to the concert, had an AWESOME time singing and dancing our butts off the whole show and after it was over some people told us the band sometimes goes to this bar down the road after shows; so what does any girl do? Of course we had to go check it out! We hung out there for a few hours with no sign of them so we headed back to the hotel. When we got there there were flowers and a bottle of wine in our room! I started freaking out telling Abi that it HAD to be from one of the Dallas Cowboys cause I just knew they wanted to hook up with her!! hahahaha!! She was dying laughing cause she knew the truth and what was really going on! Next thing I know there was a knock at the door (and I was really freaking out now!!) So she told me to go answer it, so I opened the door and.........I SEE CARSON ON ONE KNEE HOLDING OUT A RING!!!!!! I slammed the door in his face and screamed! It took me a second to actually realize what was going on because that was the very last thing I had ever expected!!! I had no clue him and our cousin Blake had flown all the way up there to surprise me and ask me to marry him!!! I was SO shocked and excited and happy and of course I said YES!!!!!!! You can go here to see the video of it that was played at our wedding. Its a little long so you can fast forward through all the pictures to get to the action! And its so funny to see Carson with all that long hair-he got tired of fooling with it so he shaves his head now, but it's cute either way! Thanks for stopping by to read my story!! :-)

7 comments:

Newlywed Next Door said...

That's a cute suprise! Hahah! Love it!

manuelsmommy said...

Came here from Kelly's Korner...that is a super cute proposal story! What a great idea! :)

Shoshanah said...

I can't believe you slammed the door on him! But it sounds like it was a great surprise

carissa @ lowercase letters said...

what a sweet surprise!!! you have a lovely 0proposal that you'll cherish and remember forever!!! carson is a keeper! ; )

Wild and Precious said...

LOVE proposal stories!!! love this one!

A Lil Story said...

oh so sweet!! that is a great proposal! =)

Dee Dee said...

Yall are so cute!! Love the video!